Grant Van Gameren's Bar Isabel recipe for Jamon Croquetas with Torta de Dehesa, Sobrasada makes for a super easy and kind of sexy summer dinner for two.
- Fold diced Jamón Iberico de Bellota into warm béchamel. Chill.
- Shape into quenelles.
- Dredge in flour, egg and panko breadcrumbs.
- Shallow fry in vegetable oil until golden brown.
Torta de Dehesa Sauce:
- Shred some torta de dehesa (a sheep’s milk cheese from the Ribera del Duero region of Spain).
- Heat double cream, stir in cheese and a splash of white wine.
- Pimentón and cumin cured spreadable pork sausage thinned out with olive oil.
- To assemble the dish, begin by saucing a warm plate with the cheese sauce.
- Add a spoonful of the sobrasada olive oil mix in the centre.
- Place the croquetas around the sobrasada, nestled in the cheese sauce.
- Garnish with nasturtium leaves.