Le Trou cocktail will warm you right up by combining maple syrup, Calvados and cedar infusion.
Recipe courtesy of Rolling Meadow Dairy
- 1 cup (240 ml) Rolling Meadows butter, softened
- ½ cup (120 ml) sugar
- 1 orange, zested
- ¾ tsp (3.75 ml) ground cardamom
- ½ tsp (2.5 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (240 ml) of pecans, finely chopped
- 1 ½ (360 ml) cup flour
- ¼ (1.25 ml) tsp salt
- 1 cup (240 ml) icing sugar
Makes about 30 cookies
- Preheat oven to 325 F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add butter, sugar, orange zest, cardamom and cinnamon. Beat with paddle attachment until pale and fluffy.
- Scrape down sides and add pecans. Beat until pecans are mixed in.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour and salt. Add to stand mixture and beat until incorporated, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Using a tablespoon, take a scoop of dough and roll between your hands to form a ball and place on baking sheet.
- When your first baking sheet is full place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Repeat with second baking sheet.
- When ready, remove one baking sheet from the fridge and bake on the centre rack for about 15 to 20 minutes until light and golden. Repeat with second sheet.
- Allow cookies to slightly cool for about 5 to 7 minutes before rolling in icing sugar. Store in an air tight container.