Le Trou cocktail will warm you right up by combining maple syrup, Calvados and cedar infusion.
Recipe courtesy of Turkey Hill Sugarbush
- 2 cups (480 ml) pecan halves
- 1 cup (about 24) Turkey Hill maple caramels unwrapped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) rum, bourbon, or whiskey*
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp (1.25 ml) salt
- 1 pound (450 g) high-quality semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spread pecans on large shallow baking sheet and toast for about 10 minutes, until golden brown. Transfer pecans to a plate and let cool.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- In small bowl, combine caramels, liquor, cream, and salt. Microwave uncovered at medium power for 2 minutes. Stir with fork. Microwave at medium power for 1 additional minute. Stir until smooth and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, set over a saucepan of simmering water, melt half of the chocolate, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add the remaining chocolate. Stir until smooth. Pour half melted chocolate into small bowl and set it aside.
- Stir 1 cup of nuts into remaining chocolate.
- Transfer mixture to a baking sheet and spread until it is 1/4 to 1/2-inch thick. Let set.
- Spoon caramel on top and pat on remaining pecans and drizzle with reserved chocolate.
- Let cool at room temperature for about 2 hours until set. Do not chill.
- Chop finished bark into irregular 1 1/2-inch chunks. Store airtight at room temperature for up to one month.
*If omitting alcohol, add an extra tablespoon of heavy cream.