TORONTO BBQ WEEK
Toronto is all fired up about the 1st Annual Toronto BBQ Week.
This contest is now closed.
Does anything say summer like a BBQ? #BBQWEEKTO takes place at 15 excellent restaurants across the city from June 6th to June 12th For only 15 dollars you get a BBQ dish paired with a pint of Samuel Adams Boston Lager, The Go To Beer™.
Just like our city, there’s an incredible diversity to the grilled goods on offer, and the list of participating restaurants is a solid reflection of that: AAA Public House, Barque Butcher Bar, Beer Bistro, Boots & Bourbon, Broncos, Campagnolo, Dog & Bear, Greenwood Smokehouse BBQ, Hogtown Smoke, Pai, Parts & Labour, Patois, Pukka, Smoque N Bones and The Harbord Room will be pulling out all the BBQ stops. Here’s a sneak preview of the spice secrets of 7 Toronto BBQ Week chefs:
- My secret ingredient in my wet BBQ rubs is ground espresso. It not only adds an incredible depth and richness to the sauce that no one can ever figure out, but it satisfies my great love of coffee! – Chef Craig Harding from Campagnolo
- Nutmeg! Nuff said. – Scott Fraser of Hogtown Smoke
- Fragrance from the spices of India permeate the air throughout the country with hints of cardamom, cumin, turmeric and cinnamon. These are the basis for a bang up Indian spice rub. – Chef Kirti Singh of Pukka
- There is something about paprika and smoked pork. It just seems to help bring out that smoke flavour. – Chef Josh Wortley of Beer Bistro
- Adding some lemongrass into a marinade can be the perfect way to brighten up your meal on the grill, it infuses a refreshing flavour into your food that you won’t get from citrus fruits. – Chef Nuit Regular of Pai
- My favourite spice to use in a dry rub is cayenne pepper for a depth of flavour and touch of spice in every bite.- Chef Pauly Gallagher of Dog & Bear
- I like to use a combination of spices when making a BBQ rub but smoked paprika is the one thing I always include. It adds a great smokey sweetness. – Chef Brent Pierssens of Parts & Labour
Sam Adams and Canada’s 100 Best want to send you and your friends to Toronto BBQ Week. You’ll win a $300 Gift Certificate valid at all 15 participating restaurants.
To enter the contest, simply enter your email address below and make sure to confirm it when it comes to your inbox. Happy eating!
Contest Rules & Regulations
The contest is offered by: GDC Media Ltd., 35 MCCaul St. #405, Toronto, Ontario M5T 1V7.
The contest is “CANADA’S 100 BEST Presents Sam Adams Toronto BBQ Week Promotion”, to win a $300 Toronto BBQ Week gift certificate.
One (1) winner will be chosen.
The contest is open to residents (19 years of age and older) of Ontario only.
The contest start date is 7pm May 31, 2016 and the closing date is midnight, June 5th.
The winner/s will be notified by email.
Prize pick up is the responsibility of the contest winner
One entry per person. All entries must include participants name, age, address , email and phone number
The winner is selected by a draw from an official with witness from the publication Canada’s 100 Best. GDC Media Ltd. at its discretion, may prohibit any person from entering the contest for disobeying the rules of entry.
The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received during the contest period.
GDC Media will use the personal contact information, as well as any photographs pertaining to the contest, of the wining entry to administer, promote and announce the prize winner/s.
GDC Media reserves the right to modify or alter the contest and its rules at any time without notice.
GDC Media is not liable for any personal injury or loss resulting from participation in the contest.
The prize is non-transferable, must be accepted as-is and may not be exchange for the cash value.
GDC Media is not responsible for lost or misdirected entries, including those that arise from technical failure.
No purchase is required to enter the contest.