Presented by Samuel Adams
Simple buttery risotto with a ballpark twist, featuring Samuel Adams Boston Lager, franks, sauerkraut and shredded Jack cheese.
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 6 hotdogs
- 2 Tbsps unsalted butter + 3 Tbsps unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1½ cups Samuel Adams Boston Lager
- ½ cup sauerkraut
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup Jack cheese, grated
Prep Time – 15 minutes
Cook Time – 45 minutes
- Heat the chicken stock in a medium-sized pot until boiling. Add hotdogs to chicken stock, leave the pot on the burner and turn off the heat.
- Place a large cast iron skillet on stove top over medium-high heat. Melt 2 Tbsps butter in the skillet then add the onion. Cook the onion until soft and translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add the Arborio rice to the onion in the skillet and cook until the rice is clear around the edges, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the Boston Lager to the skillet and cook until the beer is completely absorbed into the rice, about 3-4 minutes. Stir the rice occasionally.
- Add one ladleful of hot chicken stock to the skillet and continue to cook the rice until the stock is completely absorbed. Stir the rice occasionally to prevent sticking. Continue to add the hot chicken stock, one ladle at a time, until the rice is cooked al dente, about 30 minutes.
- Remove the 6 hotdogs from the chicken stock pot and slice into 1-inch pieces. Add the hotdogs, sauerkraut, remaining 3 Tbsps butter and grated Parmesan to the cooked rice. Stir until the butter and cheese are melted and absorbed into the rice.
- Serve the risotto in bowls topped with grated Jack cheese.