Love pasta but can’t do gluten? Then this recipe from Barilla is for you. It’s rich with flavour, gluten-free and easy to make.
- 1 piece poblano pepper, roasted with skin off
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup Spanish onion, sliced
- 2 cups 35% cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
Mushrooms al Ajillo
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 piece of guajillo pepper, julienned
- 1 cup oyster mushroom
- 1 cup bottom mushroom
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
1 box Barilla Gluten Free Penne
- Place the poblano over the flame of a gas stove or grill. Continue to rotate until the skin is blackened. After it blackens let it cool down and peel.
- In a pan over medium-high heat, sweat minced garlic, onion using the butter.
- Add roasted poblano pepper and cream and let flavours combine.
- Place everything in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the sauce to the pot and continue reducing while seasoning with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Add oil to a pan over medium heat and add sliced garlic until it gets golden.
- Add guajillo pepper until it gets darker in colour and remove guajillo pepper and garlic from pan.
- Add the mushrooms to the same pan and season with salt to taste, let the mushrooms get golden.
- Add guajillo pepper and garlic back to the pan.
- Finish with lime juice.
- Bring 4 liters of water to boil with salt, add penne and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the pasta in the poblano sauce and season to taste.
- Garnish the penne and sauce with mushrooms and chopped cilantro.
For more flavourful inspiration and recipes, visit from Barilla