Recipe courtesy of Turkey Hill Sugarbush
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) molasses
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) butter
- 1 cup (240 ml) sifted flour
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground ginger
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Coronet V.S.Q. brandy
- Combine syrup and molasses and bring mixture to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add butter to melt.
- Sift dry ingredients together and gradually add to the syrup mixture.
- Add brandy to the mix and stir.
- Drop mixture by teaspoonful onto a greased baking sheet and bake at 330 °F for about 10 minutes until flat and lacy.
- Loosen each cookie and gently roll it around the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Slide off the spoon handle and let cool on rack.
- Serve filled with whipped cream.