- 4 skinless duck breasts
- 350g-400g puff pastry dough
- 1 package smoked, dried and sliced duck breast
- Green peppercorns, ground or cracked
- Dijon mustard
- Raspberry jam
- Sea salt
Prep Time Cook Time Makes
40 minutes 25 minutes 4 servings
Make ahead: Remove skin and fat from breasts and set aside for cooking. Season the skinless breasts with sea salt and green pepper.
- In a preheated frying pan, render the skin and fat from one breast; place the skinless breasts in the pan and sear for approximately 1½ minutes on each side. Remove the breasts from heat and let rest for at least 5 minutes on a paper towel to absorb juices.
- Preheat the oven to 205°C (400°F), divide the puff pastry dough into four equal parts and roll to obtain 4 rectangles of 15 cm x 20 cm (6” x 8”). (Tip: the puff pastry must be very thin since the cooking time will be short.)
- Place the puff pastry on a cooking sheet and place one breast on each pastry, brush the Dijon mustard on each breast and cover with raspberry jam.
- Divide the smoked duck breast slices amongst each Wellington and place them on top of the jam.
- Wet the borders of the pastry with water and fold around the breast forming little packages, making sure that the borders are well sealed.
- Place in oven and cook for 15 minutes; finish under the broiler for 4 minutes until pastry is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Cut each pastry in two and serve with green beans and carrots or your choice of pasta.