PRESENTED BY THE EXTRAORDINARY ITALIAN TASTE & MADE IN ITALY
This dish from Chef Nino Di Costanzo of Danì Maison in Ischia, Italy is totally unique and a true masterpiece.
- Pasta di Gragnano PDO (22 type of Pasta four pieces per type)
- 100 gr. white potato
- 100 gr. yellow potato
- 100 gr. purple potato
- 40 gr. Parmigiano Reggiano 36 month old
- 80 gr. heavy cream
- 40 gr. Smoked Mozzarella di Bufala Campana PDO (Provola affumicata)
- two tomatoes
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 40 gr. Pancetta (sliced thick)
- 50 gr. veal demi glaze
- 2 garlic cloves
- Onion, julienned
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Penisola Sorrentina PDO
- Chicken Stock
- Boil the purple potatoes, peel, sieve and add salt and pepper. Spread on a SILPAT and cut disks of various sizes. Freeze and afterwards detach and put aside.
- Sauté chopped garlic with a small amount of extra virgin olive oil. Add cherry tomatoes, Salt and cook for an additional 5 minutes; pass through a food mill.
- Sauté the onion, add yellow potatoes and tomato sauce and finish cooking with water. Process in a blender and sieve.
- Sauté the Pancetta. Reduce the heavy cream by half. Add the Provola Affumicata and Parmigiano Reggiano; process in a blender. Blanch and peel the tomatoes, remove seeds and cut in 1cm squares. Cut the squid in 1 cm squares cut the Pancetta in 1cm cubes.
- Boil the white potatoes, emulsify with extra virgin olive oil, salt, chicken stock and heavy cream. Place in a syphon and charge. Keep warm.
- Cook the pasta the water in salted boiling water. Be mindful of the pasta’s cooking time.
- Place on the plate the following ingredients: Pancetta cubes, tomatoes, yellow potato spread, Provola sauce and the purple potato disks.
- Finish the pasta in the Pancetta drippings and place on the plate. Add drops of demi glaze and the potato foam.
- Finish with potato chips, few fried cubed potato and extra virgin olive oil.
Chef Nino Di Costanzo is a graduate of Ischia’s Istituto Professionale Telese. His culinary journey has taken him to posts at luxury hotels and restaurants in the US, Canada, Belgium, the UK, Spain, Switzerland and Italy. Blessed with extraordinary encounters and partnerships (Marchesi, Arzak and much more) he has built a reputation for haute cuisine expertise. The two Michelin stars he has obtained since 2008 in under two years (and conferred to Danì Maison just 4 months after opening) together with his role as a Relais & Chateaux Grand Chef and Ambassador, are highlights to date of a career that knows no limits.
Luxe Appliance Studio – Toronto
The Luxe Appliance Studio is the Toronto showplace for Bosch, Thermador and Gaggenau brands. We built Luxe with a fully live kitchen that features a cross section of product that customers can try before they buy. To that end, we offer one-on-one cooking demos with our executive chef. We keep these sessions small, so everyone can participate and ask questions to get the chef’s perspective on each product and how it performs. Call us at (888) 966-5893 to book an appointment.