PRESENTED BY CLUB HOUSE
Flank Steak Tacos with Avocado Sweet Corn Guacamole and Grilled Cuban Onions
Canadian born Executive Chef Jane Crawford cultivated her passion for the culinary world from a very early age. Jane studied and graduated from several Culinary Arts programs worldwide including the USA, Italy and France.
In this recipe, she freshens up classic flank steak tacos with Avocado Sweet Corn Guacamole and Grilled Cuban Onions.
- 1 ea Corn on the Cob, niblets removed and cob discarded
- 2 ea avocados skins, seeds removed
- ½ cup Basil chiffonade
- 2 ea lime, juiced
- ½ tsp Salt, to taste
For the Flank Steak Seasoning:
- Put everything in a resealable bag and add the flank steak. Let rest in the fridge overnight.
For the Cuban Onion Seasoning:
- Put all ingredients in a resealable bag and add sliced onions. Let rest in the fridge overnight.
For the Guacamole:
- Mix the raw sweet corn niblets, avocado pulp, lime juice and basil and season with salt.
- Cover the guacamole so it is airtight; squeeze lime juice over the top to stop it from discolouring.
For the Flank Steak:
- Take flank out of the marinade and lay on 500-degree °F grill for approximately 4 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and let rest before slicing.
- At the same time, remove the onions from the seasoning and lay out flat on the 500-degree °F grill, flipping the onions as they start to char.
For Serving: Warm the tortillas and serve with guacamole, grilled onions and the sliced flank steak.
Hopyard Bar and Sugar Skull