Recipe courtesy of Rolling Meadows Dairy
- 1 500g tub Rolling Meadow 3.5 per cent plain yogurt
- Olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 head of kale, centre stem removed, leaves roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, zest
- Handful of roasted almonds, roughly chopped
- Crunchy sea salt
Makes 4 servings
For the Labneh
- Place a cheesecloth-lined strainer over a bowl, add yogurt and cover.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator and allow to set overnight, until you have a firm, cream cheese-like texture.
- Once set, remove from cheesecloth and store in an airtight container
For Garlicky Kale
- In a large skillet, heat a good dollop of olive oil over medium heat. Add shallots and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until soft.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes and continue to cook for another minute ensuring garlic doesn’t brown.
- Add kale to skillet and toss to combine with garlic and shallots. Add a splash of water and cook until water evaporates and greens have wilted.
- Divide amongst plates. Top with a scoop of labneh, lemon zest, roasted almonds, a drizzle of olive oil and a good pinch of sea salt.
- Serve while greens are still warm.