PRESENTED BY CLUB HOUSE
Gra Prow Burger from Nuit Regular, owner of Pai Northern Thai Kitchen and Kiin in Toronto
Fresh from the kitchen of Kiin and Pai Northern Thai Kitchen comes a sizzling new recipe by Chef Nuit. With the harnessed hot bite of La Grille Fiery Habanero & Roasted Garlic Seasoning combined with the earthy heat of Club House Piri Piri Seasoning, the Gra Prow Burger also features bacon, chopped holy basil, fish sauce, melted butter and mozzarella, all topped with a steamy fried egg nestled on fresh halved sesame Brioche buns.
Gra Prow Burger
- 8 pieces bacon
- 600 grams Chuck beef, ground
- 2 tbsp La Grille Fiery Habanero & Roasted Garlic Seasoning
- 2 tbsp Club House Piri Piri Seasoning
- 1 cup Holy basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp Fish sauce
- 4 Brioche round bun/quality sesame buns, split in half
- 6 ounces melted butter
- 8 Mozzarella cheese slices
- 6 Eggs
- ½ cup Canola oil
- 1 Red bell pepper, pickled and grilled
- ½ Cucumber, sliced
- 1 White onion, sliced
- 1 JalapeñoPepper, Sliced
For the Gra Prow Burger:
- Cook bacon until crispy.Drain theoil. Cut slices in half; keep warm.
- In a large bowl place ground beef, two eggs, holy basil, La Grille Fiery Habanero & Roasted Garlic Seasoning, Club House Piri Piri Seasoning and fish sauce. Mix well together. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Shape the ground beef mixture into four 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick patties. Place patties on greased grill over medium-high heat. Close lid and cook, turning patties once, for about 10 minutes or until no longer pink inside. Remove from heat and top with mozzarella slices. Keep warm.
- Lightly brush cut side of buns with butter; grill or toast buns.
For the Fried Egg:
- In a wok, heat canola oil over medium heat. Once hot, add four eggs (one egg at a time) and cook until whites are set (completely coagulated and firm) and yolks begin to thicken (no longer runny, but not hard). Turn eggs over if desired, for additional firmness of yolks. Keep warm.
- Place patty on the bottom of a bun and add cucumber, grilled red bell pepper, jalapeñopepper and cooked bacon. Top with fried egg. Cover with a buttered bun on top. Add additional condiments to taste.
For more flavourful inspiration, visit: www.clubhouseforchefs.ca