- 1 shallot, cut in half & sliced thinly across the grain (about 1/4 cup worth)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped jalapeño (to taste)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped Anaheim chilli (same as above)
- 2 tbsp toasted corn nuts, round coarsely
- 1/2 cup good quality coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander (leaves and delicate stem)
- 1 tbsp chipotle or ancho chilli powder
- Slice the Hamachi loin into quarter-inch thick slices. Reserve, in the refrigerator. (You should have 24 to 30 slices, depending on the thickness of the loin.)
- Combine the shallot, jalapeño and Anaheim chilli. Wearing a latex glove, add the pinch of grey salt, and mash the shallots and chillies together.
- Let sit for 10 minutes then add the lime juice and the olive oil.
- Fifteen minutes before you are ready to serve the ceviche, immerse the fish to the shallot-chilli marinade.
- Arrange 4 bowls on the counter.
- Add an equal number of hamachi pieces to each bowl, along with some of the marinade.
- Drizzle some coconut milk over and around the hamachi.
- Add 4 to 5 pieces of avocado to the bowl.
- Sprinkle some corn nuts over top of the ceviche.
Finish the dish with a few pieces of chopped coriander and a dusting of the chipotle. Serve with a lime wedge as garnish.