Recipe courtesy of Jacob's Creek
Chimichurri is the ideal accent for a perfectly cooked steak..
- ½ medium Anaheim chilli
- 4 to 5 cornichons
- 1 tbsp capers
- ½ medium shallot, rough chopped
- 1 ice cube
- 3 tbsp cider vinegar + to taste
- 2 tbsp caper brine
- 300 mL picked mint
- 250 mL picked oregano
- 750 mL picked flat leaf parsley
- 50 mL or splash of olive oil
- Salt, if needed (usually isn’t)
- Set aside the picked and washed herbs for the second step in Vitamix or food processor.
- Put all the other ingredients and the ice cube in a Vitamix and blitz till smooth. Taste, and add more chilli, if needed. (It should be a bit spicy.)
- Add all the herbs and blitz again—make sure to work quickly in order to keep the chimichurri cool. (This prevents it from discolouring and keeps it nice and green.)
- Store in container and cover with plastic wrap, making sure that plastic wrap is directly in contact with the chimichurri. Air pockets allow the chimichurri to discolour from oxidation.
- Keep refrigerated until needed.
Complete this dish with the perfect pairing MUSHROOM CHIPOTLE TAMALE & PICO DE GALLO
The Carbon Bar
After a decade of experience working in Europe’s finest Michelinstarred restaurants, Chef Hidde Zomer brought his culinary prowess to Toronto. At present, he’s bringing together succulent flavour pairings and unique grilling techniques as The Carbon Bar’s Executive Chef and resident BBQ master. In fact, the Carbon Bar’s grilled, smoked and charred Cottage Life menu caused quite the culinary stir on social media when it was unveiled. thecarbonbar.ca
Prime Meats is a company of just three people. Marco Moriconi is the primary butcher, alongside partner Paul Carlo. Notes Moriconi, “When sourcing our meats, we listen to our customers. We work directly with head chefs to determine what product will work best for them.” And Moriconi prefers to keep the operation at a controllable scale. “We look for longevity,” he says, “and like to build a solid relationship with our customers. We know that for us to succeed, our customers need to as well.