Spiedini means “skewers” in Italian. Usually made with sausage, chicken, beef or pork, this recipe from the folks at King Cole Ducks is a delicious variation on the theme.
Proscuitto Wrapped Duck Spiedini with Pesto
Serve these easy to prepare appetizers for entertaining or as part of a light meal with a salad.
1 pkg KCD Spiedini, thawed
Freshly ground black pepper
2½ tbsp (37 mL) prepared pesto
5 slices prosciutto, trimmed
¼ cup (50 mL) mayonnaise
1 tsp (5 mL) each pesto and lemon juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1. Separate spiedini and sprinkle with pepper.
2. Brush all sides with pesto.
3. Split each slice prosciutto into 2 strips and wrap around spiedini, spiraling.
4. Wrap skewer ends with foil to reduce scorching and place on broiling pan rack.
5. Broil for about 6 minutes, turning once, or until cooked and lightly browned.
6. Combine dip ingredients in small bowl and serve with spiedini.
Makes: 10 spiedini
Find out where you can buy King Cole Ducks products here.