Presented by Samuel Adams
A bitter note of Boston Lager, perky tangy horseradish and spicy Chorizo sausage mingle together in this spin on the cheesy, comfort-food classic.
- 2 Chorizo sausages
- 300g dry macaroni
- 4 Tbsps butter
- 4 Tbsps all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Samuel Adams Boston Lager
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups grated cheese, your choice
- ½ tsp salt or to taste
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ⅛ cayenne pepper (optional)
- Place sausages in oven safe dish and bake in a 350ºF-preheated oven for 30 minutes or until cooked through. Remove and drain on paper towel. Slice into equal pieces when cooled and set aside.
- In the meantime bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook macaroni according to package directions until al dente.
- Melt butter over medium heat in a medium saucepan. Add flour and stir together, cook for about 2 minutes without letting it brown.
- Slowing whisk in Boston Lager and milk to butter and flour mixture. Continue to stir until mixture has dissolved.
- Add cheese, salt, ground black pepper and cayenne (if using) to beer and milk. Heat just until cheese melts then stir in cooked macaroni.
- Mix sliced Chorizo sausages into mac n’ cheese. Serve immediately.
Transfer the mac n’ cheese into oven-safe casserole dish. Top with breadcrumbs, crushed cornflakes or potato chips and bake in 350ºF preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until crumbs are toasty and golden.