PRESENTED BY CLUB HOUSE
Garam Masala Spiced Pear Potstickers from Anju Restaurant Chef Roy Oh
Prepped and garnished with the sweet and savoury Club House Garam Masala seasoning blend this potsticker dessert would make for the perfect PEARing on your next menu. Top with 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream, a small handful of chopped pistachios, a sprinkle of icing sugar mixture and serve.
- 16 ea Fresh flour wonton wrappers
- 1 tsp Vegetable oil
- 150 ml Water
- 1 tsp Potato starch
- 1 tbsp icing sugar mixed with 1 tsp Club House Garam Masala
- 12 scoops Vanilla ice cream
- 2 tbsp Pistachio, chopped
For the Garam Masala Spiced Pear:
- Peel, core and thinly slice the pears.
- Place the palm sugar, butter and pears in a wok over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6-8 minutes or until pear is tender and caramelized.
- Add lemon juice, scraped vanilla bean, Club House Garam Masala and cook for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Transfer pear mixture to a heatproof bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
For the Potstickers:
- Place 8 wonton wrappers on a clean work surface. Spoon half of the pear mixture evenly among the centres of the wonton wrappers.
- Use a pastry brush to brush the edges of the wonton wrappers with a little water. Pinch the edges together to enclose the filling and form a pouch. Repeat with the remaining wonton wrappers and pear mixture.
- Mix water (150 ml) with potato starch (1 tsp). Heat oil (2 tbsp) in a non-stick pan and add 8 wontons in a flower pattern. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the starch mixture and cover with a lid. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Take the lid off and turn heat to low. Continue to cook on low until the starch water has turned into a crispy wafer.
- Flip the potstickers out onto a round plate that is slightly smaller than the pan.
- Place 3 scoops of vanilla ice-cream in the middle of the wontons.
- Finish with a sprinkle of chopped pistachios and icing sugar mixture.
For more flavourful inspiration, visit www.ClubHouseforChefs.ca