Our editor-in-chief Jacob Richler shared his simple rhubarb compote recipe with us and now we are hooked. If you love rhubarb, this easy-to-make hot pink treat is a must-try. Perfect spooned over yogourt, panna cotta or fromage blanc. A true highlight of springtime eating.
- 6-8 stalks of trimmed rhubarb – large dice
- 2 tbsp raw sugar (or to taste)
- juice of 1 orange
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- zest of 1/2 orange
- Place all ingredients in a heavy saucepan
- Place on medium heat until rhubarb simmers and sugar is dissolved – roughly 2 minutes
- Stir and cook for 1 more minute
Note: rhubarb compote will keep in your fridge 4-5 days.