Presented by Samuel Adams
Deep purple blackberry filling with notes of Samuel Adams Boston Lager baked inside your favourite pie crust.
- 1 9-inch double pie crust, unbaked
- 4 cups + 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 cup Samuel Adams Boston Lager
- ¼ tsp salt
Prep Time – 25 minutes
Cook Time – 40-50 minutes
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- Line an oven-safe 9-inch glass or metal pie plate with one of the unbaked pie crusts.
- In a medium sized pot, stir 4 cups of blackberries, the sugar and the cornstarch together. Add the Samuel Adams Boston Lager to the berries and stir well to combine.
- Bring the blackberry mixture to a light boil and cook over medium heat until the Boston Lager has reduced and the filling is thick, about 13-15 minutes. Add the remaining 2 cups of fresh blackberries and the ¼ tsp of salt to the cooked blackberry filling and stir well to combine. Pour the blackberry filling into the prepared bottom pie crust.
- Cut the second unbaked pie crust into strips and layer on top of the pie, lattice-style. Pinch the bottom and top crusts together anywhere they are touching.
- Place the pie in the oven and bake until the top crust is golden, about 40-50 minutes. Carefully remove from oven and cool on a rack for one hour minimum before cutting.