Recipe courtesy of Rolling Meadows Dairy
For Cranberry Sauce
- 1 package fresh cranberries
- ¾ cup (180 ml) sugar
- 1 orange, juice and zest
- 1 cup (240 ml) light spelt flour
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1 cup (240 ml) Rolling Meadow Dairy 2% milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Rolling Meadow Dairy butter, melted and more for frying
Makes about 12 pancakes
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sized pot. Gently heat over medium heat until cranberries have burst and mixture has a jam-like texture.
- Remove from heat and store in air tight container until ready to use.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together flour, sugar and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl whisk together milk, egg and melted butter and add to the dry mixture. Stir until combined, yet still slightly lumpy.
- In a large skillet, heat a small amount of butter over medium heat. Add 2 tbsp of batter and cook for about 1 minute, until small bubbles have formed. Flip and cook on the other side until set and gold.
- Top pancakes with a dollop of Rolling Meadow Vanilla yogurt and cranberry sauce.