There’s more than one way to enjoy a cappuccino. This luscious dessert from Lavazza mixes rich cream and mascarpone with spices for a lushly decadent result.
Ingredients for Crumble
- 1 Espresso
- 8 oz butter
- 8 oz flour
- 8 oz sugar
- 6 oz almond flour
- 2 Espressos
- 9 oz mascarpone
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 gelatin sheets
- 1 oz sugar
Spiced Pepper Cream
- 8 fl oz whipping cream
- 3 oz ground pepper (or vanilla or cinnamon)
- 0.6 oz sugar
- Natural salt
Mix the room-temperature butter with the sugar, flour, almond flour and the contents of an espresso, until you obtain a smooth, even mixture.
Lay on a baking tray.
Bake at 356.00℉ for 10-15 minutes until slightly browned.
Remove from the oven, let cool and then break up the crumble.
- Using a hand blender, whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until it is light yellow and fluffy.
- Soften the gelatin in cold water. Once softened, drain and dissolve in 2 espressos. Mix.
- Add the whipped yolks to the mixture.
- Add the mascarpone and stir for at least 5-6minutes until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Arrange the mixture on the bottom of the glasses (filling up to 2/5).
- Cool in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
SPICED PEPPER CREAM:
Whip the liquid cream with the pepper using a wire whisk.
Add a pinch of natural salt and sugar.
Remove the previously filled glasses from the refrigerator
Pour the pepper cream up to 2/5 of the glass and finish with the crumble.
For more flavourful inspiration and recipes, visit Lavazza.