PRESENTED BY CLUB HOUSE
Ted Corrado Wild Whiskey Smoked BBQ Glazed Pork Jowl on Toast & Charred Peppers
Ted Corrado is the Corporate Executive Chef of The Drake Properties – Drake Hotel, Drake Commissary, Drake One Fifty, Drake Commissary. His smoking-hot recipe updates the hot sandwich beautifully and is tailor-made for BBQ lovers. Sous vide pork is glazed with a Bourbon bbq sauce enriched Club House La Grille Wild Whiskey Smoked BBQ Seasoning. Plated with toasted sourdough, cilantro cress and sliced shallots, it’s a slice of Drake heaven you can make at home.
- 2 pounds Pork Jowl
- 1 cup Poblano peppers, charred and peeled
- 1 cup Cherry bomb peppers, pickled and seeded
- 1 cup Beef demi-glace
Wild Whiskey Smoked BBQ Glaze
- 2 Onions, minced
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 2 cups Bourbon
- 2 tablespoons Club House Black Pepper, Ground
- 1 teaspoon Club House Sea Salt, French Mediterranean
- 1 cup Tomato paste
- 1 cup Vinegar
- ½ cup French’s Ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- ½ cup Club House La Grille Wild Whiskey Smoked BBQ Seasoning
For the Pork Jowl:
- Place pork jowl in vacuum pack bag and seal. Sous vide pork jowl at 55 degrees Celsius for 72 hours.
- Remove and cool.
For the Wild Whiskey Smoked BBQ Glaze:
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook onion and garlic for 10 minutes or until translucent.
- Add bourbon, Club House Black Pepper, Ground, Club House Sea Salt, French Mediterranean,French’s Ketchup, tomato paste, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and Club House La Grille Wild Whiskey Smoked BBQ Seasoning.
- Bring to a boil and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Run the sauce through a strainer, if you prefer a smooth sauce.
- Coat the pork jowls in glaze and grill until desired char is achieved.
For the Charred Peppers:
- In a sauce pot, heat beef demi-glace.
- Once simmering, add poblano peppers and cherry bomb peppers.
- Grill off one slice of sourdough bread.
- Slice charred pork jowls and place a few slices on the sourdough bread.
- Spoon on charred peppers and beef demi-glace.
- Garnish with sliced shallots and cilantro cress.
For more flavourful inspiration, visit www.ClubHouseforChefs.Ca
To learn more about Chef Ted Corrado, click here
Photo: Josh Tenn-Yuk