Toronto-types can feel good about gluttony when excellent food mixes with altruism at Toronto Taste on June 3.
Second Harvest is Canada’s largest food rescue charity, and the Toronto Taste event supports their goal of feeding people experiencing hunger in the Greater Toronto Area. Since 1991, Toronto Taste has raised over $13 million in support of Second Harvest’s food rescue program. The event has enabled the organization to rescue enough fresh, surplus food to support hundreds of social service agencies across the GTA with more than 31 million meals for children, adults and seniors. This year, the goal is to raise enough funds to provide 1.9 million meals.
Purchase an all-inclusive ticket, and you’ll enjoy offerings from over 100 of Toronto’s hottest restaurant and beverage purveyors, including three from our own Canada’s 1oo Best List: Our best new restaurant La Banane, No. 42 Café Boulud and No. 43 Grey Gardens.
Other participants include:
- Café Cancan, Chef Victor Barry’s French bistro
- Hexagon, the modern French restaurant from Chef Rafael Covarrubias
- Il Covo, Italian cicchetti from Chef Ryan Campbell
- Mira, a Peruvian restaurant from Chef Stuart Cameron
- Bar Buca, Italian-style snack bar from Chef Rob Gentile – whose team will be pulling fresh mozzarella
Last year, Toronto Taste raised a record-breaking $925,000. It’s a pretty yummy way to make a difference.
For more information, to purchase tickets or view the full list of participating chefs and restaurants, visit torontotaste.ca or call 416.408.2594.