There’s something for every taste here.
50 Shades of Romeo’s
- 1 ½oz Romeo’s Gin
- ½oz rhubarb syrup (Prosyro)
- ½oz lemon juice (Anti Vice)
- 1 dash of cucumber bitters (Ms Betters Bitters)
- 1 dash of celery bitters (Bittered Sling)
- 1 dash of tonic bitters (Ms Betters Bitters)
- 3oz Mediterranean tonic water (Fever Tree)
White flowers & lavender.
Shake the gin, juice, syrup and bitters. Strain over big ice cube in the glass, top with the tonic, gently stir and garnish.
The 50th for the 100
- 6oz Walter 50th Anniversary Smoky Maple Caesar Mix
- 5 dashes Celery Bitters (Dillons Distillery Anjelica Bitters)
- 1/4oz Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2oz Stolichnaya vodka
Lemon wedge, fresh celery.
Rim 12 ounce collins glass by running lemon wedge along top 1/2″ of outside lip, dip in Walter Craft Rim Spice. Add Vodka, lemon juice, celery bitters to bottom of glass. Fill glass 3/4 full with ice. Top with Walter Smoky Maple Caesar mix. Garnish with lemon wedge and fresh celery.
- 1 1/2oz Bearface Triple Oak Canadian Whisky
- 1/2oz The New Standard Vanilla Syrup*
- 4oz Soda Water
Fresh, local herbs.
Combine Bearface Whisky and New Standard Vanilla Syrup on ice in a rocks glass and top with 4oz soda water. Briefly stir and garnish with local herbs.
*Make a standard 2:1 simple syrup by combining 2 parts white sugar with 1 part water on heat until fully incorporated. Vacuum seal syrup in bags with stripped quality vanilla beans – for this a few varieties of vanilla were used for maximum depth of flavour and complexity. To this add .1g of phosphoric acid and/or .05g of citric acid and a teaspoon of salt per half litre of syrup. Place in water with an immersion circulator (sous-vide) set to 60 degrees Celsius for a minimum of 48 hrs. Strain any large solids when complete and store in the fridge in an airtight container.
From the Capital
- 2oz Stoli Elit
- 1/2oz Dry Vermouth
- Barspoon Maraschino Liquor
- 6 drops Strawberry Olive Oil*
- 1 spritz of Early Summer Aromatics **
Combine Stoli Elit, Dry Vermouth and Maraschino in a mixing glass, fill with ice and stir well – this cocktail should be served freezing cold. Strain on quality ice, place 6 drops of Strawberry Oil on top, and atomize a single spray of Early Spring infusion on top of the cocktail. Garnish with a small piece of tarragon and serve.
* Combine cut strawberries and submerge in quality extra virgin olive oil (the earthy/nutty kind works best). Use around 6 thinly-sliced medium local strawberries and 400ml of EVOO. This can be done over a few days in a sealed jar (taste to determine length of time), however an immersion-circulator (sous-vide) can be used at a very low temperature (40 degrees Celsius) for 48hrs. When infusion is complete, fine strain all solids out of the EVOO.
** Combine a bottle of Stoli Elit with 8 thinly-sliced Medium strawberries and 8+/- tarragon leaves (without stems) for 36 hours and strain. Taste at 24 hours for bitterness, if there is any present, strain immediately.