PRESENTED BY THE EXTRAORDINARY ITALIAN TASTE & MADE IN ITALY
Antonella Ricci’s burnt wheatberry cavatelli is more than just a simple pasta dish.
Chef Ricci blends ingredients and techniques from across Italy’s 20 Regions for a supremely authentic take on Italian. Her artfully composed dishes make the most of texture, flavour and colour to hit all of the right notes. It’s no wonder Chef Antonella’s family restaurant has held a Michelin star for over 20 years.
- 200 g ground durum wheat semolina
- 50 g burnt durum wheat
- 300 g whole broccoli
- 2 anchovies
- 1 clove of pink garlic
- 1 fresh hot red pepper
- 30 g breadcrumbs with dehydrated black olives, preferably Cellina variety
- 15 g PDO Brindisi extra virgin olive oil
- 8 baby tomatoes
- Clean the broccoli, separating the tops from the core. Boil the core and blend it with extra virgin olive oil and salt, keep aside.
- Cook the orecchiette with the tops of broccoli in the same boiling water.
- Meanwhile, heat the extra virgin olive oil in a pan and brown the garlic cut into thin slices, adding the anchovies and the chilli pepper.
- Drain the cavatelli “al dente” and transfer to the pan.
- Combine the cream of broccoli, the tomatoes cut into quarters and sauté for a minute, then serve with the toasted breadcrumbs and the powder of dehydrated black olives.
Chef Antonella’s celebrated family restaurant “Al Fornello da Ricci” has been open for 47 years and has held a Michelin Star for over 20. She blends ingredients, recipes, and traditions from Italy’s 20 Regions, making her style of cooking truly Italian. She and Vinod Sookar, her husband, chef, and business partner, welcome guests from all over the world to their small town of Ceglie Messapica to enjoy the true taste of Italy with authentic recipes like this one.
Whether you’re planning a new dream kitchen or a designer looking for inspiration, the Jenn-Air Experience Centre provides the perfect opportunity to experience Jenn-Air® appliances in a luxury setting. Designed by Glen Peloso & Jamie Alexander, the Experience Centre is home to a variety of kitchen environments boasting fully-functioning Jenn-Air® appliances.
Our knowledgeable Experience Centre coordinators are available to consult, demonstrate and help you find your perfect-fit appliances. Click here to book a consultation or visit us at 225 King Street East in Toronto (416-792-1221)