Superstar Italian chef Antonella Ricci hails from beautiful Puglia.
Her family’s celebrated restaurant “Al Fornello da Ricci” has been open for 47 years and has held a Michelin Star for over 20. She blends ingredients, recipes, and traditions from Italy’s 20 Regions, making her style of cooking truly Italian. She and Vinod Sookar, her husband, chef, and business partner, welcome guest come from all over the world to their small town of Ceglie Messapica to enjoy the true taste of Italy with authentic recipes like this one.
- 200 g ground durum wheat semolina
- 50 g burnt durum wheat
- 300 g whole broccoli
- 2 anchovies
- 1 clove of pink garlic
- 1 fresh hot red pepper
- 30 g breadcrumbs with dehydrated black olives, preferably Cellina variety
- 15 g PDO Brindisi extra virgin olive oil
- 8 baby tomatoes
- Clean the broccoli, separating the tops from the core. Boil the core and blend it with extra virgin olive oil and salt, keep aside.
- Cook the orecchiette with the tops of broccoli in the same boiling water.
- Meanwhile, heat the extra virgin olive oil in a pan and brown the garlic cut into thin slices, adding the anchovies and the chilli pepper.
- Drain the cavatelli “al dente” and transfer to the pan.
- Combine the cream of broccoli, the tomatoes cut into quarters and sauté for a minute, then serve with the toasted breadcrumbs and the powder of dehydrated black olives.